Maximo Nivel > Adventure & Culture Programs > Yoga Teacher Certification
Yoga Teacher Certification
To liberate the potential of your mind, body and soul, you must first expand your imagination. That’s the power of yoga—it doesn’t just change the way you see things, it changes the person who sees.
“Yoga is the martial art of the soul.”
Earn your yoga teacher certification through Maximo Nivel and open the door to a healthy, balanced career, where you set your own hours and do what you love! Our yoga teacher certification courses are set in some of the most beautiful locations in the world—Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Peru.
All of our RYT 200 Yoga Instructor Certification courses follow Yoga Alliance teacher training requirements.
TOTAL COURSE HOURS: 200
Techniques, Training and Practice: 100 hours
Hours will be a combination of analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques and guided practice of the techniques themselves.
Teaching Methodology: 25 hours
– Communication skills, time management, and establishing priorities and boundaries
– Addressing the specific needs of students
– Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting, and correcting
– Teaching styles
– Teacher qualities
– The student learning process
– Business aspects of teaching yoga
Anatomy and Physiology: 20 hours
– Human physical anatomy and physiology
– Energy anatomy and physiology
– The application of anatomy and physiology to yoga practice
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: 30 hours
– Yoga philosophies and texts
– Yoga lifestyle, including dharma and karma
– Ethics for yoga teachers
– Teaching yoga as a service
Practicum: 10 hours
– Practical teaching experience
– Instructor-aide experience
– Instructor observations
– Receiving and giving feedback
Additional contact hours and elective hours are distributed among the above educational categories based on the individual focus of each school’s program.