Volunteering for Construction Projects
Volunteers on construction projects work on repairing or building new homes and schools for orphaned children or for rural villages. Construction work is physically demanding, including digging, removing dirt, carrying bricks, mixing cement, plastering, painting, cleaning, and various other needs related to construction.
Work days are normally Monday – Friday though this may vary based on weather, project needs, and construction schedule. At all times, volunteers are supported by Maximo Nivel’s in-country coordinators. Construction projects are always led by professional foremen, architects, and engineers who determine the work program.
More information on volunteers
- Orientation and 24 hour support from our qualified staff
- Certified, native Spanish teacher
- Free Spanish textbook and materials
- Free Tandem Conversation Program
- Volunteer service certificate
- Letter of recommendation
- Free access to high-speed Internet and computers
- Free Salsa lessons
- Free coffee and tea
- Emergency contact number 24/7